Health & Welfare Benefits

Family Medical Leave (FMLA)

Acute Care (non-emergency) Direct employee to the Tang Center ( 2222 Bancroft Way)

  • Urgent Care Clinic (2-3188) - including first-aid care
  • Occupational Health Clinic (2-6891)
    (If medical care is needed after clinic hours, please direct the employee to Alta Bates Medical Center's Emergency Room (2450 Ashby Avenue, Berkeley) or the emergency facility of his or her personal health plan)

UC Berkeley Benefits Information for career and academic staff on how to enroll in benefits at UC Berkeley.

University of California Benefits UC system-wide information on human resources and benefits for UC employees.

University Health Services The University Health Services' Tang Center offers many health-related services for faculty and staff.

Ergonomics Provides information on how to prevent injuries resulting from ergonomic hazards, including information on back basics and healthy computing.

Disability Services Information on disability services available on campus. Includes resources, guidelines for nondiscrimination, and short-term disability plan.

Other Health Services Includes information on counseling and CARE services available for faculty and staff as well as links to health-related sites.

Counseling and CARE Services Trauma and grief counseling are available to academics, staff and students. Arrangements for this counseling can be made by contacting the following departments in University Health Services:

Leaves of Absence

There may be times during your career at UC when you need to take a leave of absence. There are a number of types of approved leaves of absence: Family and Medical LeaveFurloughLeave without PayMilitary LeavePaid Leave, and Sabbatical.

Worker’s Compensation

Facility Information: Emergency Care (serious injury, threatening to life or limb)

  • Dial 911 or 2-3333 for campus police
    (EH&S and Disability Management Services must be immediately notified if injury results in fatality, inpatient hospitalization, loss of any body part, or possible permanent disfigurement)